Ready?

Ready?
Let's start

Thursday 30 April 2015

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (TSBMH) Review

Indian Wedding? Why not
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (TSBMH) Review –This movie is actually a sequel to previously released The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (TBEMH) which got me scratching my head because there was no way I could have missed it, so after watching TSBMH, I immediately went looking for TBEMH. I recommend you catch the first outing before checking into this sequel for better flow of the storyline. Even so since I caught the continuation, it was nothing short of delight. The best British veteran talents combined with the colours and lively background of India all in one sequel. How could you say no to that?
Que group dancing! 
It starts off with Sonny Kapoor (Dev Patel as the annoying hotel owner) having to juggle between getting married to Sunaina (Tina Desai) and also expanding his hotel empire. Together with his partner, Muriel (Maggie Smith), they travel to States to secure financing for their expansion. Arrivals of more occupants, misidentification of guests, rivalry with another successful young entrepreneur among others. With tension running high Sonny tries to please everybody he encounters but fails miserably.  His only saving grace is Muriel as keeper of everyone’s secrets. Will Sonny’s vision come true or end up just a dream?
Ex-pats turned residents. 
I don’t even know where to start on praising this movie. The amazing cast consisting of ‘M’ from James Bond (Judi Dench), Prof McGonagall from Harry Potter (Maggie Smith), Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean (Bill Nighly), heck even a slumdog chaiwala from Slumdog Millionaire (Dev Patel). The cast is simply a dream team to work with. If I was an extra in the movie, I would stand in a corner in awe all this amazing geniuses working together in a flick. Besides the top class company, the story was also engaging with the usual dry British wit. I was chuckling away at the sarcastic lines the oldies were throwing at each other. The essence of India was also well captured making me wanting to board the next flight to India (I didn’t though…well not yet but one day soon I will!) Everything about this movie was a delight, I don’t mind if they come up with an even better follow up.  
Two for two! One of the best movie! 
I got no complain whatsoever except wait for a sequel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment