Ready?

Ready?
Let's start

Sunday 30 March 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier review

The Captain is back yo! 
Captain America: The Winter Soldier review – Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow and Ironman. This is the list of Avengers according to my preference of the cast. If possible I didn’t want to include Ironman because I don’t like Robert Downey Jr. (bite me!). I rather have Loki instead (actually more like Tom Hiddleston but I know of a certain person who won’t hesitate to murder me to get close to Tom!) To be honest, I’m a bit confused with the whole Captain America, The Avengers, Thor, Ironman movies timeline because let’s face it…they keep going back and forth with the whole franchise, I feel like I’m stuck in the 80’s (or was it 90’s?) show called Quantum Leap! We all know Loki stole the thunder-pun intended from Thor in The Dark World…will the same fate hit Captain America?
Name the character.....if you can
The story…err…if you were to call there was one…is about Captain America (hereinafter referred to as CA sebab malas nak tulis Captain America every single time!) adjusting the new world order after being frozen for 50 over years. CA (Chris Evans) is part of S.H.I.E.L.D. (go google for the full meaning sebab saya malas again) and works with Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson) to keep America save from its enemy, foreign or domestic). CA gets to work with Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) on a mission and discover that it was a cover up for a larger plot! (jeng jeng jeng….didn’t see that one coming now didcha?) Soon enough things start unravel itself and it’s up to CA (who else) to save the World (by that I mean America in specific!). CA gets help from a new friend, Falcon (Anthony Mackie) but not before facing a new nemesis, the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan), so will CA manage to overthrow his foe or admit defeat once he finds out who The Winter Soldier actually is? Hey…hang on….so there is a story after all…hehehe
Don't mess with Captain America and his 'shield'! Ehem 

Chris Evans…I’m not sure if it’s just me or this man boy cutie pie seems to have gone from cute and handsome till I wanna get some (*wink wink) in this sequel. All he had to do was appear on screen and my heart skips a beat…dey Chris…why you so good looking one???...that was until The Winter Soldier came bursting with his frizzy hair and mechanical hand. Eh…hang on…who is this rugged dude? Don’t I know you from somewhere?...Sebastian Stan…oooo….another pretty pie from the movie The Covenant….yup….remember the baddie? Good to see you again and can’t wait to see you again. Screw the acting or whatever this two perfect man specimen does in the movie. All I wanna see is these drool worthy faces/body on the big screen while I have naughty thoughts later.  Don’t worry guys…despite my lack of interest towards Scarlett, I can guarantee you that she contributes equally for you to cuci mata kao-kao with her perfect hair sans her not being able to wear a bikini. (Just use your imagination for that part lor!)  Also look out for Kate/Agent 13 (Emily VanCamp) and Peggy Carter ( Hayley Atwell) for extra eye candy! I’m glad that Samuel L Jackson isn’t just the only black man in the movie anymore with the inclusion of Anthony Mackie. He is way more likeable than Samuel. Another addition is Robert Redford who provides the twist to this flick. Generally each of them had their specific role well written for them, be it major or small part. The CGI were however kinda overwhelming for me here and there but then what do you expect from a blockbuster movie?
#Yummy
#wasyummyonce
I have always wanted to fill the cinema with just my friend to catch a movie and guess what? It happened finally for this movie. My friend won a contest and we got the whole hall for ourselves (with complimentary popcorn and drink some more!). This Romeo celebrated his girlfriend’s birthday while having his friends and family around and it was simply awesome. There was a small cake cutting ceremony and get-together of friends…Cewah…tetiba rasa macam The Avengers punya gathering pulak dah. Thanks a lot for this amazing experience Hans and God bless the both of you. Perhaps can do the same for your wedding ey dude? *Note to self – bring present for the couple next time! 
Captain Hans and his girlfriend!
Check out the video
XOXO!
 
Mini-gathering!!! 

Movie watching more fun when you have your friends and family around! :)


P/s - on a sad note I lost a dear friend of mine just a day before the screening and couldn't help but think of her during this movie because it was the last film she saw before she left us in shock. I went to her wake after the screening and know she is in a better place and she will never leave from my heart. #RIPMEIANN. :( 
Rest in Peace #TVAddict. 
One of her Final FB posting

What turned out to be her second article on MSN and her final legacy....

You will live in the movie, music and tv show babe. Take care till we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment