Ready?

Ready?
Let's start

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Endless Love Review

Young love....hmm....
Endless Love Review – There is a song by the same title sung by the late great Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey which is one of my favourite song, too bad I can’t say the same thing about this movie. To me it felt like a ‘tangkap muat’ movie of the year. As in Universal Studios had some extra cash lying around the studio so they gave it to the Director to use even if they don’t make any profit out of this flick. Perhaps I’m wrong because I’m getting old and maybe the ‘younger generation’ might like but then this is my review.
Thing you do when you are in love...
The story is about David Elliot (Alex Pettyfer) whose been wanting to kiss his high school crush Jade Butterfield (Gabriella Wilde) for the longest time but never act on it until they meet during Jade’s party. Things develop very fast between the two love birds which makes Jade’s father, Hugh (Bruce Greenwood) uncomfortable because he has high hopes for his daughter. Hugh goes to beyond extreme point to keep David and Jade apart hoping that it would just be a summer fling. David and Jade however are head over heels for each other and are willing to face any obstacle. The rest of the movie focus on the strong feelings they have for each other with some adultery conflict thrown in.  
Nope, she is not Sienna Miller :)
The saving grace for this movie for me was the chemistry between Alex and Gabriella. Both looked equally beautiful that will make you look forward how pretty their kids will be. They managed to ‘be in love’ with each other that made me wish I was in such relationship. Another thing I wished for was a cool mother Jade had, even with all the drama, her mother remained calm without becoming a drama mama. Meanwhile, the thing I wish I didn’t have was Jade’s dad, he himself had so many issues but pretend to be a good! Podah! The rest of the cast…as I mentioned before…semua tangkap muat je. 
Daddy with loads of issues! Bluerghhhh

Honestly if I didn’t get the invite for the preview screening, I don’t think I would have spent my time and money to watch this movie. The trailer itself was enough to cover the whole movie while the full length film just added few extra ‘steamy scenes’ which was conveniently snipped away by our censorship board which means you had to use your imagination to fill in the void. Unless you are deeply in love with someone special and want spend some time together inside the cinema for the upcoming Valentine’s Day, I suggest you give the picture a pass. You might as well use the time and money for something else or watch some other movie but that’s just my opinion.  

P/S - Thank you as usual for the preview tickets Churp Churp!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment