Ready?

Ready?
Let's start

Wednesday 11 December 2013

The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug Review

The journey continues....
The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug Review – First thing I took notice of the movie was the running time of 2 hours and 41 minutes. Gulp! Larat ke aku nak dok inside an air-conditioned cinema hall for that long? Well, I managed to and actually went longer than that because due to technical problem, the preview which was supposed to start 9 pm only begins at almost 10pm. Bengong betul. Nasib baik my partner in crime sanggup layan my nutness while waiting for the movie to begin. Can you guess what time the movie ended? Zzzzzzzzz…. *well, that’s one of the risk of watching preview’s on weekdays, have to be strong to turn up to work the next day. Just for the record, I did make it to work walaupun slept at 2am. Ok enough whining. Let’s begin the preview….eh review I mean. 
If got theme park camni syiok kan? 
If you have had read my earlier review on The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, you would know that I was looking forward to witness the dwarfs continue their journey to Erebor. The ending was so intriguing when they showed the greedy Dragon, Smaug ‘hugging’ its gold coins and what not. Nampak ganas giler kan? Pfffffffffttttt…..think again! Ganas tu memang ganas lar but man I tell you, I would rather Smaug kill me with its fiery breath rather having to listen to it ‘talk…talk…talk…and…yup…talk some more! At one point, I wanted to go…. ‘Oi dah ler tuh….DIAMMMMMMMM…just spur your fire can or notttttttttt??? Bluek! 
Go home Smaug....you talk too much! :P
Don’t get me started about Bilbo’s journey before meeting the Dragon. Sigh…so many unwanted sub-plots. From taking refuge at ‘kejap Beruang kejap manusia guy’s house’ to getting rolled into ‘cotton bud’ by big arse spiders to being captured by Elf’s. Que Lelogas and Tauriel (thank God finally for pretty creatures to look at after having my eyes hurt at the sight of ‘fugly’ Hobbits [except Bilbo & Kili ehem] and the Orcs….yuck! Siap got scene tangkap cintan between a slightly taller Hobbit and a female Elf. If an Indian Director were to direct this, I bet they would have sing and danced their way to Erebor weh! Why so many sub-plot Mr. Peter? Pening kepala otak aku nak keep track tau tak?
Some eye candy! yummy! 
Now about the cast…tengok ni ek…. Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Graham McTavish, Ken Stott, Aidan Turner, Dean O'Gorman, Mark Hadlow, Jed Brophy, Adam Brown, John Callen, Peter Hambleton, William Kircher, James Nesbitt, Stephen Hunter, Benedict Cumberbatch,Evangeline Lilly, Luke Evans, Lee Pace, Orlando Bloom…these are just ‘some’ of the cast members….if I were put in all…abis larek review aku ni kang…this what happens if there’s too many sub-plots. I wonder how they will share the profit for this franchise. However, each of them played their role well especially Martin Freeman as Bilbo. Ok enough said. I don’t want my review also got sub-plots. Hehehe 
Mana aku nak cari batu bodoh ni? 
As a person who initially didn’t want to be part of The Hobbit but then fell into the trap accidently, all I can say…this continuation was kinda so so only for me. The first one was way better. If the first one was anything like this flick, I would not have continued my journey with the Hobbits. Now I gotta wait till end of next year to find out what gonna happen. Bluergh….my only wish…Smaug will talk less. Sekian. 

Thank you Churp Churp for the preview tickets...at least one awesome thing was, I bumped into so many of my friends! Wiiiiiiiiiiiii 

No comments:

Post a Comment