Ready?

Ready?
Let's start

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Boyhood Review

...from a boy to a man! 
Boyhood Review – One of the Best Picture nominee. Watch it and you will know why it was nominated and might as well win the award!
Mason and his juniors! 
Mason (Ellar Coltrane) is just like you and I, dealing with the ups and downs of life. This flick captures his early life going thru…well…boyhood and puberty while watching his parents Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette (another Oscar nominee) going thru their separation and their own next relationship. There’s no grand plan but just a simple story taking us thru the time of the past. One might spot their own childhood experience while watching this movie. I certainly did when I heard songs by Sheryl Crow and also the ‘Harry Potter’ era come on screen. I was just smiling silly remembering my own growing up process.
12 years transformation...
Personally the idea of making a movie for 12 years is mind blowing so for that one reason, this film deserve all the accolades it’s been receiving. Another major mile stone is the Director managed to get committed actors to follow his direction for 12 years instead of using any special effect to make them look younger or older. Witnessing the characters go thru their lives made me wish I had recorded what I’ve been doing with my life for the past 12 years. Would be interesting ey?
Growing Pains...
Win or no win…Boyhood is a nice slow movie to wind down if you want to avoid the mainstream movies flooding the cinema. Simply sit back and relax while trying to recall you own childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment